Hongkongers in Britain (HKB) is launching Initiative SAFE – a two-year project to produce research studies in four priority areas of
- Assistance to Vulnerable Groups,
- Full Integration, and
The purpose of Initiative SAFE is to foster change in UK’s public policy and services in a view to making the UK more inclusive of Hongkongers. These will be designed to help the UK Government, service providers, and other stakeholders become more informed of the issues and persuade them to make their policy and services more inclusive of immigrants from Hong Kong.
Be responsible for the accuracy, objectiveness and quality of study
Carry out research tasks assigned by the research Lead
Carry out data-related tasks on the instructions of Research Lead
This is the report of a study on the community safety and security of Hongkongers in the UK. This study covers the perceived and actual safety and security issues facing UK Hongkongers; their challenges in dealing with these threats; and the threats’ impact on UK Hongkongers’ social participation, freedom of expression and international travel.
This is the report of a study on the educational needs of Hongkongers in the UK. The study covers the needs of school children and young adults who have moved to Britain from Hong Kong since 2020.
HKB aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- Increase understanding of the issues faced by Hong Kong immigrants;
- Ensure UK government policies are more inclusive of Hong Kong immigrants;
- Provide more inclusive services to Hong Kong immigrants;
- Be able to communicate with Hong Kong immigrants more inclusively; and
- Explain the issues faced by Hong Kong immigrants to other stakeholders and wider communities.
Overall, the outcomes seek to create longer-term changes and improve access to education; personal and community security; support and provision for vulnerable groups; and concerted efforts towards social integration.